For example, searching for "German recipes" turned up 249,000 pages, including:
- German recipes from Biersuppe through Schnitzels to Apfelstrudel.
- Recipes from Germany - German Food and Recipes
- Amy Gale's German recipe collection
- Welcome to the German Cookbook. From hearty fare to light cuisine, Germany offers a wide variety of dishes.
Try this with cooking and recipes from your country or region. In addition to "recipes," try "cooking" or "cuisine." Searching for "New Mexico cuisine" turned up 594 pages. A search for ["New Mexico" + recipes] turned up even more.
Do a search for recipes from your country. Read some of the pages that you find. Share the best sites that you find. Tell us why they are better than the other sites. Yes, this means you guys too. Of course you care about food & cooking! You eat. don't you?
Links to Food Blogs
- basic cooking vocabulary
- Cooking terms - verbs for different cooking actions
- Ingredients - Have you ever looked over a recipe, noticed an unfamiliar ingredient, and wondered "What the heck is that?" Listed here are some ingredients and their definitions
- Kitchen quipment - a list of a few pieces of kitchen equipment and descriptions of what they are.
- Interactive Cookbook - glossary
- Epicurious Food Dictionary (searchable dictionary of more than 4,000 food terms). This site also has extensive collection of recipes, & features.
- links to glossaries with culinary terms
- Links to cooking glossaries
- Food Glossary at Waitrose.com, a food & online shopping site.
Whether you are a food novice or an experienced cook, we are sure that our Glossary will help. To help you find what you are looking for, we have divided our Glossary into 2 sections: food terms and cooking terms. In the Food Glossary, you will find information on a wide range of ingredients including the different varieties and forms of ingredients (eg: fresh pasta and dried pasta) as well as suggestions on how to store, prepare or cook ingredients. In the Cooking Glossary, you will find simple explanations for a wide range of cooking techniques and skills.
Food & recipe Sites
- Food Channel--This cool site includes a weekly poll, articles on food-related topics, a dining guide, and more.
- The Searchable On-line Archive of Recipes (SOAR) -- Over 50,000 recipes. Organized by region & type. Outstanding collection of international recipes. & the largest online recipe collection I know of
- The Food Network.
Activities with Food & Cooking Vocabulary
- Cooking Vocabulary Word List with Games, Puzzles and Quizzes
- Cooking Vocabulary worksheet
- Quiz with multiple choice questions - food and meals
- food pages for ESL students - esl quizzes, dictionaries, food, beverages
- ESL Beginner Reading Comprehension: Cooking. Beginner level reading
- ESL Cafe's Idea Cookbook - Food
- Food: Learning Page
- Recipes for ESL English learning - Chicken Kiev
- Gourmet Cooking - esl-lab vocabulary activity comprehension with follow up multiple choice quiz. This reading focuses on daily routines including cooking, and getting to work.
- Food - ESL Resources (Khadija - please note this is a French ESL site)