Sunday, January 08, 2012

So what is Academic English? | ENGLISH FOR UNIVERSITY. COM

"Academic English is the genre of English used in the world of research, study, teaching and universities. If you read an article in an academic journal or listen to someone giving a presentation or a talk about an academic subject in an academic environment, Academic English is probably being used. If you are studying in an English speaking university (or going to) you will need to learn this type of English.

Native English speakers also have to learn Academic English too because it is not like the English that is used every day by English speakers. Academic English is different from other types of English and it often has features like these..."

Read the rest of the article So what is Academic English? and more at ENGLISH FOR UNIVERSITY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...