- Generating and organizing ideas on paper.
- Supporting those ideas with evidence or examples.
- Using the conventions of standard written English.
What is the TWE? explains the TWE, its function, how it is scored, and sample essays.
In general, model TOEFL essays concentrate on: Suitable word usage; Content; Organization; Examples / Evidence; Formal writing style; Correct grammar and Sentence variety.
The best way to prepare for any writing test is by writing. Here are some sites to help you prepare for the TWE:
- Argument & Opinion Essay Writing
- TWE Topics
- Findcore Online Writing Practice
- Practice your TOEFL essay, computer scored in real time.
- Writing Argumentative Essays
- Basic Guide to Essay Writing
- The Five Paragraph Essay Wizard
- Structure of the Five Paragraph Essay
- Five Paragraph Essay Sample, with comments and outline form
- How to write Simple English, from "Simple Wikepedia" (a good source for reading practice)
- ESL Writing Links